Presented by BIODANCE/Missy Pfohl Smith and Ethan Beckwith-Cohen, Wander & Wonder III celebrates its first appearance in the Rochester Fringe Festival, and its third year of outdoor site-specific performances by local dance artists. Wander & Wonder III makes its debut in the Rochester Fringe Festival on Saturday, Sept. 23 at 1pm. Audiences meet at the Garden of Fragrance and wander the grounds of Rochester Museum and Science Center following the artists for site-specific performances by local dance artists including Ethan Beckwith-Cohen & Zaire Sprowal, Neyda Colón-DiMaria & Luis Carrión, Donna Davenport & Michelle Ikle, Natalia Lisina, Laurie McFarlane & Nanako Horikawa Mandrino, BIODANCE/Missy Pfohl Smith & OSSIA New Music (with music influenced by audience participation and composed by Logan Barrett), Claire Spenard & Roy Marshall, Harold Taddy/The Velvet Noose, Grace Myers & Evan Courtney, Gabrielle Samuel, and Sabrina Bui. FREE – no tickets required.
As a non-profit organization, we always welcome tax-deductible donations.
40% of donations to Wander & Wonder 2023 will go to the MOCHA center, a non-profit that promotes LGBTQ+ health and wellness for communities of color in New York State. The other 60% will directly pay the artists for their performances. Thank you!
This project is made possible with funds from the Statewide Community Regrants Program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of The Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature and administered by the Genesee Valley Council on the Arts, and the Rochester Area Community Foundation.